The King’s School is an authorised Cambridge International examination Centre licensed to offer the opportunity for private candidates to write examinations for both at IGCSE and AS/A-level.
For more information on appearing as a private candidate please visit the Cambridge International Examination website.
- Minimum age for application is 14 yrs (IGCSE) and 16 yrs (A-Level).
- Applicants may register for the subjects if it is available to private candidates. This is detailed in the specific syllabus under the heading ‘availability’ for IGCSE and A-Levels.
- Applicant for A-levels should submit their IGCSE certificate/other recognised 10th board exam certificates along with their application.
- Private candidates can register for the IGCSE and AS/A-Level Examinations:
- For March Series examinations
- For June Series Examinations
- Applicants have to fill in the ‘Intent For Admission’ as a ‘private candidate’ given in our website.
- If accepted, the applicant along with guardians will be called for an online interview
- Financial terms and conditions will be mailed to you.
- The terms and conditions should be thoroughly read and understood by the applicants/guardians.
- The payment of the registration fee and the examination fee confirms the private candidacy.
- To complete the registration process, private candidates will have to:
- Download the ‘Examination Entry Form‘ for Private Candidates (PDF Format)
- Fill/type-in your details and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates are advised to check their details carefully before submitting.
- The registration and examination fee can be paid online.
- Private candidate entries are submitted by a set deadline to Cambridge
- School will provide candidates the time table and instructions for examination.
- Statement of Entries and examination seating arrangements will also be sent to private candidates.
- Private candidate’s scripts will be processed after the completion of examination.
- March series results will be published by the 3rd. week of May.
- June series results will be published by the 3rd. week of August.
- A week before the results are published, the confidential login ID and password will be mailed.
- Result documentation will be mailed to private candidates.
- The school’s name will not appear on certificates issued to private candidates.
Note: Private candidates cannot enter or sit for examinations at more than one Cambridge Centre during any one examination series.